Sunday, June 15, 2014

George Burrichter

Susie sent my sisters and me the following text today:

homemade ice cream

I am making ice cream right now and it makes me think of daddy.  Wish i had the blue round dish  pan that he always used to hold the freezer.  I know that I probably  used more salt with my ice than he did but I think my ice cream might  freeze a little quicker than his did.  Dad was a man in my life that always kept me guessing.  He wanted things done in a certain way and living with all of his girls his needs probably were overlooked many times.  I loved the dad and grandpa that he grew into.  He seemed to have more time and more love when we were all grown up.  I still have a very vivid picture of eric and sara snuggling on his hospital bed after he had his stroke.  All of them were so comfortable  just being together.  He ran a LOUD ship sometimes but I always knew that he loved me and wanted the best for me.....Happy Fathers Day to  our dad.

My ice cream is slowing down.  It  will be done soon and I will be tasting it just like dad used to let us do.

LOVE YOU ALL



1 comment:

  1. Mom, I LOVED this! Thank you for passing it on. (I'm sorry I'm just now commenting.) I really enjoy hearing more about Grandpa and Grandma and how they "were". Our impressions of them were so incomplete with our young child perspectives.

    ReplyDelete