Monday, June 9, 2014

BAK trip












I got the honor of driving Joel & Dave to western Kansas to begin the Bike Across Kansas. We had a great start in Sublette with the Voth family.




We had a good day just hanging out & a delicious meal.
I drove them to the Colorado border. Look at the road where into Colorado it turns to dirt.

It was a slow start for Dave since he got a flat tire. I went back to get him, and I gave him a thrill stopping a Santa Fe trail marker.

This is the camp ground at Elkhart. They left the light on because they had trouble with rattlesnakes on the field.


Day 1 : they rode from Elkhart to Sublette . Joel made it quickly.

We had a great meal at Shirley & Al's, then Joel & I got sick. So we are taking it easy for the next day. Dave continues on in the wind!!!

1 comment: