Sunday, March 1, 2015

Cole's Masterpiece

Cole has discovered markers! 

Recently, he has started being more aware of pens and pencils and actually trying to find paper to write on them with - as opposed to just scribbling on any surface with the pen cap on. It makes me a little nervous, so I've been trying to be diligent to teach him what he CAN write on. 

Yesterday I pulled out the markers and he had a blast making a masterpiece. 

He chooses his color


Asks me to help take off the lid



Scribbles furiously, sometimes looking and other times not


Replaces the cap and has me pop it on 


And puts it back in the box


Only to begin again with the next color


This has been our routine after every meal, yesterday and today, and I love it! I love that he's sitting still (ha!) and being creative and exploring with the markers. I look forward to the days when he draws and colors on his own - and I can join him! 

After our evening drawing session at supper, Marc took the drawing and put it on the fridge. Cole was so proud of himself. 


When Marc was helping Cole, he would place the marker in his hand "correctly" and Cole would look so grown up! 

Taking orders now for one of a kind Cole Voth masterpieces!

3 comments:

  1. Put dates on a few of them. We found an old coloring book you and Rob had worked on. We love seeing the date and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH Dana, he is getting so big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take TWO masterpieces! If I need to, I'll come get them!! Mi-COLE-angelo!

    ReplyDelete