Wednesday, January 28, 2015

This and That from Georgann

ELSY AT THE PARK
One day last week Charlotte and Cindy watched Elsy in the morning and I took her for the afternoon. While waiting to meet Grandpa Dave for lunch, we stopped by the park.  Elmo came along too.



GUEST ROOM CURTAINS
I've been looking for some lighter colored curtains for the front room.  The wall color is called gray but looks greenish.  The curtains are a teal blue and ivory.  I like bringing another color into the room. They were only $20 at Home Goods.  What do you think?  Oh yeah, if I decide to keep them, I'll need to get a new curtain rod for the grommeted curtains.  
 



I WISH IT HAD WORKED
I saw an idea where you paint chalkboard paint on wine glasses then use chalk to write names on them.  I thought it would be fun to do it on our family reusable plastic cups.  My main concern was that the chalk would smear off but people told me "nah, it won't."  But that wasn't my biggest problem - although the chalk did smear (see the "e" in Dave).  

My biggest problem was that the chalk scratched the paint off when I wrote my name on the cup with the chalk (see the "Brad" cup).  Oh well.  The paint cost $1.50 so it was worth a try.

BTW the paint instructions said it adheres to most porous surfaces.  Are plastic cups porous??



1 comment:

  1. Mom, I REALLY like the curtains. They seen trendy and clean and such a good deal! Dana

    ReplyDelete