Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day date!

A couple weekends ago, I surprised Anthony with a day date. I told him the night before that I had the day planned but he didn't know what we were doing. We took Elsy over to the Puryear's house and were on our way!
Our first stop was the Quiktrip by his parent's house to get some coffee. Nothing too exciting but it played into our next stop. We got back in the car and I drove around the parking lot and then parked. He was a little confused and started walking back towards QT! Little did he know, he was getting ready to experience his first pedicure! (The nail place happened to be in the same parking lot as QT). 
As you can see in the picture, there were actually TWO other guys there! Anthony said he liked it! They teased him and asked him if he wanted the same pink color as me :) He said his favorite part was the massage chair!
For our next stop, Anthony kept asking if it was time critical. When I said yes, he was thinking I had actually made lunch reservations somewhere! Haha. Little did he know, we were meeting these lovely kids for lunch!
Abby's friend Josh had recommended this place - "The Mixx". I really enjoyed it! The highlight (for the boys) was seeing the Chiefs head coac lh there. Brad even got a belly tap from him as he left and he said "Take care man". Haha. 
After this, I planned for Anthony to go with Josh and some of his friends and play disc golf the rest of the afternoon! Which in turn meant that I could hang out with Abby all afternoon! I had so much fun with her - shopping, coffee shop, going for a walk. 
So all in all, it was really a day planned for both of us rather than just geared toward Anthony :) But it was a fun day spent with fun people!!

2 comments:

  1. Jukie, you had some super fun plans! Creative! I bet it really meant a lot to Anthony that you went to all that effort. Good job, sis! Dana

    ReplyDelete