Sunday, January 11, 2015

Marc Voth Family Christmas

Our little Marc Voth family Christmas was meaningful and simple. 

We attended our church's Christmas Eve service in Liberal with Marc's parents complete with an early dinner at Braum's beforehand. Both of these things have become a tradition! I love it. 

Headed to the service

There is no childcare for the service, but Cole did really well. Of course, I'm sure it gets easier every year. This year I invited Al and Shirley back to our house afterwards for hot chocolate and Christmas candies. 

Marc and I have been trying to think really hard about how we'd like to "do" Christmas with our family. We want so bad to make it about Jesus and to make it a super special day and not so much about the presents. But how do you make it special without presents? It's tricky. 

Marc read the Christmas story from Cole's children's Bible. 



Cole and I acted it out with the nativity set Mary had given him while Marc read. 


I set the table fancy with a tablecloth and candles and we had a special breakfast - pancakes and bacon, our favorite! We sang happy birthday to Jesus and blew out the candles. 



And I did decide to wrap up something for Cole to open, which I think both Marc and I were glad to have for him. 



And then we just had a relaxing morning at home and lunch and rest of the day over at Al and Shirley's. (Marc grilled some delectable steaks!)


Luckily, we have another year before Cole  will really know or care or remember much about Christmas and how we do it. We can continue to brainstorm and tweak what we want to do. While we don't want to go overboard, we do hope Cole hears more about Jesus and less about Santa from our mouths at Christmastime. :) I appreciate Marc's lead in all this. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great way to do Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Marc are doing this well. Keep Jesus as the reason for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete