Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Gift Wrapping Rondezvous

A week ago my friend Alice Isaacs came over for a soup lunch and our annual Christmas gift wrapping session. 


I love it for so many reasons!

1. I don't have a lot of traditions with friends, so it's fun to have something we do every year. 

2. Alice lives in Turpin, OK so I don't get to see her much but I value her friendship. I'm glad to have this built in point of connection. Our conversation always flows easily. 

3. It motivates me to get my shopping done early!

4. I love having pretty presents to put under the tree early in the season. It adds to the Christmas decor. 

5. It makes a mundane task fun because you get to chat and catch up with a friend. (And it proves my theory that some of the best conversation happens when you're busy with your hands - not having to look each other in the eye.)


(I almost made a special trip to Garden City to go to Hobby Lobby for wrapping paper because I have become a Hobby Lobby paper snob - it's so good! But I swallowed my pride and used the *ugly* paper I've been avoiding since the first year we were married. And would you know, it still did the job!)

1 comment:

  1. Dana! You gave away my Christmas present. I didn't have Shark Steam Mop on my Giftster, but I'm sure I will love it! :-) And I will act surprised when I open it. Love you and your outlook on life.

    ReplyDelete