Friday, December 12, 2014

Organizing

From Dana:
I think I've mentioned how much we'd really like to get our house organized and decluttered. I've heard that a good strategy is to work on a small section each day - like a drawer or cupboard a day. Cole has been "helping" by exploring and pulling things out of drawers. I got three much-needed drawers cleaned out that way this week, thanks to him. 

Today, I ended up tackling the front closet (well, at least the floor). It has been an eye sore for a really long time. Really long time. It seemed so daunting. 

As I was going through the stuff, I kept reminding myself, "this is prime real estate in our house. Does this NEED to be RIGHT HERE?" It was a good way for me to get rid of or move a lot of stuff we don't use on a regular basis - ski gear, buckets, bullets, my gym bag I don't use anymore, our pool bag, etc. 

The result was breathtaking!


Cole noticed it right away when he woke up. He immediately walked in there and got out all General's toys and took them to him. It was cute!


Whew! What a relief! Another big project - the pantry...

3 comments: