Monday, September 5, 2016

Smoothie

Today while I was working on supper and Hope was napping, Cole saw this Baby Bullet and asked to make a smoothie. At first I said no - too loud, too close to supper, too messy, I was busy, etc. But then I reconsidered. I decided to give him a butter knife and direct him to the fruit and see what he could do. He managed to get peaches and bananas cut up in small pieces. We added some orange juice together and blended it downstairs away from Hope. 


It kept him occupied for a while, gave him a challenge to conquer and also gave him a snack, which he shared with me. Besides for the extra dishes, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I want to say "yes" as much as I can so it's easier (in theory) for him to take it when I say "no". 

Good job, buddy!

3 comments:

  1. I love it Dana!!! Oh the things I learn from you. Sure wish we lived closer :(. But thankful for this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how he was so good at cutting. Way to be a patient mom, did he get popcorn for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this. It is often easier to say no or maybe later. Cole is so inquisitive.

    ReplyDelete