Saturday, September 3, 2016

Back to School Bash

This week a few churches in town put on a Back to School Bash in the city park. They had supper and bounce houses, a rock climbing wall, live music, cotton candy, sno cones, and face painting. A LOT of people came out. And it definitely wasn't your church crowd. Actually, for a while, I kind of wondered who all these people were! I was impressed with the whole thing. It had its glitches and snafus but overall, it was an awesome event in the community. I guess I was struck with the sheer extravagance of it all - all those things and all free, just because, no strings attached, on neutral turf. It just made me feel so special. I hope others felt so too. 

The other thing I was struck by was how grown up Cole is getting. He's not such a loose cannon anymore, a flight risk. He stays close or goes away and always returns, in situations like this. 

I was really impressed with how he waited patiently in line for the bounce houses - and loved doing them!





I was surprised to see him kind of a little ways off, in line, interacting with the kids around him. Here he is laughing at the girls as they make funny noises. 


After getting our supper I followed him with the stroller. He found this place for us to sit and eat - with people we didn't know! Good going, Cole buddy!


It just seemed like a night of seeing him become more and more independent and interested in his peers. 

Hope enjoyed watching the people and eating her snack supper. I was grateful she is easy to manage. With all those people, I was on high alert watching Cole. 


Mark it down - one more reason to love the small town of Sublette!

No comments:

Post a Comment