Saturday, May 30, 2015

Lunch in the Fields

Cole and I took lunch out to Marc in the fields today. 


Another faithful part of the family. 



Cole got to do one of his favorite things - a four wheeler ride with dad!  They even got to ride through some water at the edge of the field collected from all this rain. 


When they returned, Before he even got close enough for me to hear, Cole started telling me about the three "neigh neighs" he saw while he was out with Marc. He kept repeating it with his little hand trying its best to hold up three fingers. We talked about it the whole way home too. 

Another highlight: throwing rocks in the makeshift pond. Cole loves to do this with the small amount of water that pools at the end of our driveway, so this grand scale was even better. 



This was just the outing I needed. 

Cole spiked a fever Thursday afternoon and then threw up that night. Katie, Rachel, and Emily were scheduled to come visit bright and early Friday morning with Emily's new baby in tow. We ended up having to cancel/reschedule to avoid passing the sickness as well as giving us time to tend to Cole. I was super bummed and all I could think this morning was that I was supposed to be drinking coffee with some of my best friends, learning and talking about life, and lounging around or going for a leisurely walk. I was feeling so sad and sorry for myself. 

Nothing like a trip to the fields to perk you up - with all that fresh air and excellent company (even though I'm still sad)!

No comments:

Post a Comment