Saturday, May 2, 2015

May Day

I made some rhubarb bread this week from our garden. 

Cole and I took it around to our neighbors for May Day. He did great! He loves knocking on doors and this gave him lots of opportunity!  I realized I left my phone at home to take pictures as we delivered. I resistedthe urge to go back to the house and instead chose to just "live in the moment". 

Here's Cole decorating the little cards we attached to the bread. 


Our neighbors were glad to see us on their doorstep. 

Also, I received a really sweet May Day surprise. A friend down the street got me a pair of Canuk(?) flip flops and left them in our door for me to find with a May Day tag. They are super comfortable (made out of yoga mats) and stylish. It was just so nice that she thought of me. I think it's a "congrats you're pregnant" gift. 

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of May Days gone by. What fun. Glad you celebrated and I'm sure your neighbors are too.

    It also reminds me that I don't think I ever sent you some rhubarb recipes that I told you I would send. I better do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were just talking about how that May Day tradition is not carried on. I think because people don't know their neighbors or just don't take the time. Glad to see you doing that in Sublette....wish you were my neighbor!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were just talking about how that May Day tradition is not carried on. I think because people don't know their neighbors or just don't take the time. Glad to see you doing that in Sublette....wish you were my neighbor!!

    ReplyDelete