Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Rachel's Wedding

Two weekends ago Rachel got married.  I think it was one of my favorite weekends in a long time.
  1. It had been a little while since anyone from college had gotten married, so it was an amazingly fun reunion with everyone that came.
  2. It was really easy to pick up with everyone where we left off - which just goes to show how good of friendships we have.
  3. Rachel had so many details taken care of, so we just got to be ushered from one thing to the next.  It seemed like one of the most laid back, low stress weddings I've been a part of.
  4. It was nice to have some time away from Cole but know that he was in REALLY good hands with my mom and dad (and Mary, Janet, and Kay watched him during the wedding).
  5. Our friend's mom threw Rachel a Bridal Brunch the morning of her wedding.  Brilliant!  All her girl cousins and aunts got to come and some of our good friends that weren't in the wedding and then the bridesmaids and her mom.  We got to start the day off praying for her and all those girls got to see her on her wedding day and hear how she was doing - instead of just grabbing a quick hi at the reception.  If you get married, I'd highly suggest this, if you can swing it.  I'll host it for you.
  6. My mom graciously offered to go home after the wedding to put Cole down to bed (he's so finnicky but Mom has the grandma touch), but my Dad still wanted to come to the reception...and I'm so glad he did!  He wanted to catch up with my friends, which means a lot to me.  And you know he did!
  7. Rachel and Chris included our spouses in all the festivities...the rehearsal dinner, riding in the trolley from the wedding to the reception (stopping at the Nelson for a few pictures on the way), sitting at the head table.  It was great to get to spend time with my friends' husbands with them.  So often it's just the girls when we hang out, so this was a special treat.
  8. The saddest part of the weekend was that Marc didn't get to come.  He knew, back when Rachel first told him the date, that he wouldn't be able to make it.  But, it turned out to be a super ugly week/weekend of work for him (dealing with hailed out, wind-devastated crops).  But, it was fun for me to hear everyone asking about him and how he's doing and being sad that he wasn't there.  I loved telling people what he does and being so proud of him and his work.  I think people are surprised/impressed to hear me "talk farm".  I've learned a lot in the last 6 years.
Overall, it was just a great weekend.  I loved it!  It took me a day or two to recover and get rested up, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!  Thank you, Father, for good friends!
 

Rachel had seven bridesmaids these friends from college (Emily Beecher, Katie Metcalf, and Emily Rudolph) and her three sister-in-laws

We caught Mom and Dad coming into the wedding.  Dad was willing to take our stuff out to our vehicle.

Some of the KSU Nav crew.  What good friends.
At the reception at Drexel Hall. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment