Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Impromptu Monkey Bread Night

Last night as Cole and I were sitting down to leftovers for dinner at 6:00, I sent this text to some girls:
"Marc has to work late tonight.  Any of you wanna come over for monkey bread and coffee at say 7:30ish until Marc gets home?"
And they did!  I got Cole to bed a little before 7, put the monkey bread together (using cut up refrigerator biscuits), put the coffee on, cut and peeled some carrots (since I bought a huge bag at Sam's), and voila - instant hang out time with some girls.  I think there were six of us and a few kids to tag along. 

It was fun.  I'm glad I did it.  They were glad I did it.  I'm thankful for friends that are more flexible than me and can respond to something like that last minute.

And there was even some monkey bread left over for Marc!

No comments:

Post a Comment