Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Gulf Shores vacation

Hi Burrichter family! I'm excited to post on the family blog :)

 So I thought I would share with y'all what the "other" Ellis family has been up to this summer. We got to go on vacation to Gulf Shores with my extended family a couple of weeks ago and we had so much fun! It was really fun to have my whole immediate family together for a whole week, which is rare these days.
the Hanson, Spiegel and Ellis families
   Each couple was responsible for a dinner one night of the week. Brad and I got assigned to the very first night! On the menu was hamburgers. So, Brad's first night of vacation with the in-laws, he was in charge of grilling 40 hamburgers for dinner! And he did a great job :)
    Brad and I (more Brad than me really) were also in charge of the "fun" at night. My mom has decided that since Brad was programs at K-Kountry and we have both worked at kamp, we should be in charge of fun activities.
    Brad did an awesome job leading the whole group in a bunco night, which was a huge success and was complete with monogram plastic spoons, a trip to the snow cone place and a "I participated in the Great Bunco War of 2014 and all I got was this lousy koozi" koozi as some of the prizes.


 Everyday on the beach we had 4 pop up tents, a ton of beach chairs, 2 sets of corn hole boards and a volleyball net. Needless to say, we settled in for a long, relaxing week on the beach! One day, a storm came in so quickly and the wind was so strong that it ruined 2 of our pop up tents before we could get them down!
    Another tragedy that happened that week is Brad lost his wedding ring! He had put it in the pocket of a pair of his shorts, I didn't know that and I hung them up on the railing outside of our room. When Brad went to get the shorts off the railing, the ring fell out of the pocket and went through the deck and fell into the sand beneath. After quite a few of the family members all jumped in to help us look, we still hadn't found it and it was getting dark. We decided we would try again in the morning. However, when Brad woke up the next morning and went into the kitchen, my younger cousin had already been up and searching for the ring himself and he found it! Brad and I were so thankful!!

 All and all, it was a great trip!! Brad and I had so much fun with my family and it was a wonderful, relaxing vacation!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Kathryn!! Welcome to the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stories are priceless! A weeke together is a great way for Brad to get to know your family and vice versa. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete