Thursday, April 28, 2016

Nursery Ribbon Cutting

Charlotte, Shirley, and I went to a local plant nursery on Saturday. I had heard the Chamber of Commerce was going to be there for a ribbon cutting and filed that away. I didn't plan to be there at the time of the cutting, but that's the way it worked out. They pulled shirley and me into the picture for the paper and look who got commissioned with the job of holding the ribbon - me! - the most inactive member of the Chamber. Ha!


It was a fun outing. The nursery is owned by a Holderman Minnonite family and is out in the country by their house. Their community came out for the ceremony/open house and offered homemade ice cream, fresh ground wheat flour, and sweet corn meal. We all found a few things to buy for our yards. It was a good trip. 

1 comment: