Sunday, August 16, 2015

Repainting

Hi Family!

  It's been awhile since I've blogged but I know how much Dana loves it so I am always trying to think of things to blog about.

  My big summer goal this year was to repaint our living room (i know, crazy huge goal right??). They had been painted a light brown kind of beige color and I really didn't love it. When Abby was my roommate, she was awesome and had filled in all the nail holes with Spackle one Saturday morning so that saved me some prep time! I chose a light gray color that I had seen on the Fixer Upper blog and I really liked it. One of the great things about living in the KLIFE house is I don't feel a lot of pressure to make things perfect. Since Brad and I don't own this house I feel more freedom to do whatever to it - maybe that's not the best thought process to have though :)

So one Friday a couple of weeks ago i got to work. I was actually able to complete the whole project in one full day! Here is the before and after pictures.  I didn't take an official "before" picture so this was the best I could find, a picture from our senior brunch at the end of the spring semester. Notice the beige walls in the background.
Before:

After:
  






It felt so great to de-clutter the living room in the process as well. I moved out the bookshelves that were in the corner (you can't see them in the pictures) and it makes the room feel more spacious. I am hoping to soon add a couple of wooden wall shelves, handmade by my very own full time woodworking husband :)

 Thanks for being interested in my summer projects! I am using this blog to help me stay accountable on my next task- repainting the screen porch floor. Post coming soon (hopefully)

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Awesome! I LOVE it! Love it! You have a gift and an eye for that stuff. I know who to call next time I need to pick out paint colors. It turned out so great! I'm always so nervous to reprint. Way to take the bull by the horns! (And doesn't decluttering feel wonderful?!!) Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY well done! I love the way the new wall color looks with the window coverings. So clean and homey looking. I like it.

    From Georgann

    ReplyDelete