Friday, August 7, 2015

Potty Chart

By Dana:
I'm overwhelmed with how many things I have that I want to share on the blog. It's paralyzing me so I do nothing. 

So, I thought I'd just start with a short one. Who cares if they aren't it order, right?

We are in the throes of potty training with Cole and the novelty has worn off for him (and probably for me too). He is doing so well but has started having more accidents after being hyper-diligent about it those first few weeks. 

He will always say that he doesn't have to go when you ask. I have started just taking him without asking, which works (he almost always goes) but is a little cumbersome for me - I forget. 

Marc had the bright idea to make a sticker chart. I was hesitant (one more thing to keep up with) but he had some good points ~ it brings back the celebration attitude we once had every time he went, it is tangible, cheap, easy to see the progress, and Cole can share it with marc when he gets home. This last point may have been the kicker for me and, I'm finding, for Cole.

So, here we are today - day 1


By nap time this afternoon. 


And no accidents. 

And Cole can't wait for daddy to come home to show him what he accomplished today. We'll see how long it lasts, but it's something fun for now!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea!!! Now if only there was a great ice cream shoppe in town to go celebrate at at the end of the week :(. Guess shaved ice will do the trick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! We miss our ice cream shop a lot! Shaved ice for a few more weeks. Marc's been giving him a dum dum sucker in the evenings, which Cole is happy with. :) Dana

      Delete
  2. I agree! This is a great idea, Marc! Cole would love earning the stickers and getting to put them on the chart and then telling Dad all about it later. Does he get a sticker for going outside?!? Haha!

    Georgann

    ReplyDelete