Thursday, March 31, 2016

Picture taking

A few days before Easter weekend, Julie had texted Dana and me about a Walgreens half-price deal on wood panel photos.  I had seen some that she had bought before and I really liked them. The deal ended on the Saturday before Easter.  I told the girls my hope was to get a picture of the grandkids and submit an order before the deal ended. 

Saturday - things got busy.  Naps. Feedings. Play. Lunch out. Naps. Feedings. Play. Work for me. Basketball. Dinner prep.  I forgot all about it.  Suddenly Dana said "Mom, we should take the picture now."  She grabbed a blanket. She and Julie gathered the kids.  Dana suggested that only she and Julie give directions to the kids. No other adults talk.  BRILLIANT!  It worked.  

With the iPhone "Burst" feature for photos, you can hold down the camera button and take multiple sequential pictures.  I took 34 pictures with one take and 44 with the other.  Here are a FEW!

Kids are positioned!

Hope was making noises.  Cole was consoling her with "sh-sh-sh". Elsy noticed. 
Watson was at the mercy of Elsy.

Elsy wanted to help Hope.  She continued to manage Watson with a hand on his head.

Some pictures three of the four had bright eyes... 

This was the last photo taken.

BOOM!  A success!  I love Cole's hands around Hope. I love Elsy's hug and care for Watson.  Perfection.  This is what I chose to put on our wood panel picture.  

On Monday Susie told me about a FREE 8 x 10 (that ended that day) so I also have a beautiful 8 x 10 of this photo too.  Love it!


3 comments:

  1. REALLY fun pictures! I told Julie during afternoon naps that we should try to get a pic before supper or I was afraid it wouldn't happen - what with bedtime and feelings and all. And it just so happened that all of the kids were in such good moods. Way to work fast! I'm glad you communicates beforehand what you wanted so we could accommodate. What a memory! (and I like all your observations) Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great!!! Such cute grandkids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures...they are cute.

    ReplyDelete