Thursday, March 31, 2016

Making cookies with Cole

Marc, Dana, Cole and Hope came to visit.  They arrived around 6:00 p.m.  Soon we sat down to have dinner.  During dinner I told Cole about some cookies I wanted to make - "Bird's nest cookies". I added that it would be fun if he would help me.  As we were cleaning up after dinner, Dana said Cole was ready to help make the cookies.  Cole quickly set a step stool at the counter, climbed up ready to go to work.   
Cole patiently waited for the butterscotch chips to melt in the microwave.

Once the chips were soft enough we added peanut butter.  I started to mix them together but Cole stopped me and said he could do it.  I was surprised at how well he could stir!

Once all the ingredients were mixed thoroughly, it was time to make the nests and add the bird's eggs. This meant a repositioning to the other side of the counter.  Not sure what all the joy was about in this picture, but I love it!

Cole was very good at spooning the "dough" onto the wax paper in nest-sized clumps.

He was also our quality control taster.  He approved the dough AND the bird's eggs.

Dana was helpful too.

LOOK at the form this young man has - elbow up, other hand firmly on bowl for support.  A master!




Some of the finished product.  An Easter success. And so much fun.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. You are so good with Cole and let him try to do things. He had such fun and those were some tasty cookies! Love that we got to visit!!! Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have eaten them all!! I never saw them on Easter Day.

    ReplyDelete