Friday, December 2, 2016

Lunch

The Blogger App on my phone has stopped working, so I've stopped blogging.  But Marc reminded me that I had uploaded a bunch of pictures before it went on the outs.  So, here are some blogs from a while ago.

One day after our 9 year old friend, Ashton, mowed our lawn we took him out for lunch at Subway.  Ashton hadn't been to a Subway in ages since his sister can't have gluten and also doesn't have much bread at home.  He took his first bite and said it was as good as eating a hamburger.  That made me laugh.

He was a big help with the kids at lunch - getting straws and napkins and chasing Cole.  We had some good conversation and talked about being a big brother.  At one point Cole was annoyed with Hope getting into his space or bothering him and I asked Ashton how he handled it when his younger siblings did the same thing.  He said that sometimes he calmly asks them to stop and other times he gets upset, even though he knows he shouldn't.  I thought that was pretty good and pretty honest.  

Cole looks up to him, and I think that's a good thing.  So glad to have community like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment