Thursday, June 23, 2016

First Solo Swim

Today was the first day I took both the kids to the pool by myself and it was a success!

Hope hasn't liked to get splashed and has been pretty timid in the water the last few times, so I decided to leave her in the stroller and just let her watch us. She loved it! 


Cole and I would come say hi to her frequently, along with all the other kids. She loved watching. And then i got her out and dipped her feet in the water in the kiddie pool with Cole. She didn't mind. And didn't mind if she got splashed this time either. 

Cole had fun "ruling the roost". He's tall enough to touch at the shallowest part of the big pool and not afraid to be in the water where he can't touch with his floaty on. I was proud of him. 



He asked to go off the diving board today, since that's what he's done with his daddy, but that's not my thing - at least not while I have a baby to watch too. We'll just have to wait until Marc can come again. 

I told myself this year I wasn't going to be that mom that didn't get her hair wet or didn't like to get splashed. So today I got all in, and it was lots of fun! Got to show off with my fourth grade swimming tricks - a little handstand action and swimming through Cole's legs and somersaults. Reminded me of all the afternoons we went to the pool with Mom. Such good memories!

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are going to have so many memories of the fun times at the pool. Summer fun at it's best!

    ReplyDelete