Thursday, May 19, 2016

Balance Bike

For his birthday, Cole got a lot of fun gifts that we've been playing with lately. Marc and I got him a balance bike. It has no pedals, is low to the ground, small, lightweight and he propels himself along with his feet. The idea is he learns to balance now so when he starts with a bigger bike with pedals, he might not need training wheels. He loves it!!


Riding at the rec center with grandma and grandpa. 


I pulled my bike out and aired up the tires and dusted off the cobwebs and we've been riding together on the street in front of our house while Hope takes a nap. It's fun. 


He got some birthday money and decided to buy a helmet. He wanted orange to match his bike and found this one right away. 



Twice now he has ridden over to Grandma Voth's "by himself". I walk him to the corner and she waits for him in her yard. He thinks he's pretty big stuff. 


Today at the rec center he tried to put his bike in the bike rack. We found out it's not made for 12" tires. Ha!


It has been such a fun addition to our day. He is getting really good and picks his feet up as he goes down the drainage dips on the street. He can go pretty fast but I can keep up walking, so it works great. I hope you get to see him ride it sometime!

3 comments:

  1. Cole is such an active kid. He loves playing and moving. The balance bike is perfect for him. Love the helmet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it is working for him! Way to go Cole!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for blogging! I loved the three posts I read today. I know it's hard to sit down and do it at times but it's fun to hear about your life and your visitors.

    ReplyDelete