Saturday, December 12, 2015

Nice Day Picnic

Yesterday was our last nice day before the crazy snow storm weather came in today, so i made sure to take advantage of it! We walked to the post office and grocery store (and I made a huge discovery - my double stroller can fit in their doors!!! This was huge! It means I don't have to get the kids out of the stroller to go inside these places. Huge!!) and found Lunchables on sale, so we bought two and headed off to the park for a picnic. 



On the way to the park (the furthest one from our house, I might add), we got a flat tire in the stroller from a sticker puncture. Marc was down in Turpin pulling soil samples, the Voth's had left that morning for Olathe, and a few of my other friends were busy - but we needed a ride home! So, I called my new friend Carrie Collier* who has a lunch break and some freedom with her son at daycare while she works. 

She was more than willing to come rescue us from the park - but not before cole and I had a fun time running around the park together. Cole even went down the super tall slide he had been afraid to go down before!

Al put some green goop in the tires of my single stroller a while back to help with the seemingly constant flat tires. I'll ask him to do that for this one too when he returns. 

*Have you heard about this? Mary and Janet's friend David from Odessa, his daughter has moved to sublette. SUBLETTE of all places!! Mary got us connected. I really enjoy her. We always have a good time together and easy conversation. I just told her that it was unfortunate that she moved here right before Hope was born because I haven't been near as welcoming as I'd like to be (I remember the loneliness of being new to town all too well). She understands my dilemma - having a 7 month old herself.  

1 comment:

  1. Your picnic was a great idea on a lovely day. It looks like the wind was calm...no lunchables flying off the table. A flat tire in a stroller?? I've never heard of that but then I never had a top of the line stroller with fancy tires. I'm glad Carrie could help you. Weird how she and you got connected!?!?

    ReplyDelete