Saturday, July 11, 2015

Getting Rid of Stuff

I continue to faithfully plug away at getting my house in order before baby #2 arrives. I took a little unintentional hiatus during June with all our visitors but got back on the bandwagon this past week. 

Around sublette we have two groups on Facebook - the Haskell county trader and haskell county classifieds - that you can buy and sell your stuff. I have observed all the goings on in these groups from a distance and have bought maybe one thing from a friend I knew. Otherwise, I just am a casual observer. 

But, we had some big things in our garage that were taking up space and still had lots of life in them, so I thought I'd try my hand at selling - all the while being nervous about who would 'show up at my house' and if it'd be worth the hassle of trying to meet up with these certain to be hoodlum strangers. 

But, my experience was more than pleasant!

Cole and I took pictures last night while we hung out on the patio waiting for Marc to come home. Notice I staged it in our beautiful, plush green lawn. I told Marc I think that helped. :)




So, I had three things to sell, put them on around 11 last night and two were sold before I went to bed. They got picked up this morning and the third one was sold by 2:00 this afternoon. 

Money in my pocket! Stuff out of my house! Win win!

Oh, and two of them were bought by people I knew and the third was bought by an upstanding sheriff deputy new to town. Perfect. 

My first experience  = success!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if I would have the same success if I tried those exact same items in Olathe? I honestly don't think I would. I think you might have better luck in a small town. Whatcha think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your prices were right, very affordable. A $30 stroller was a steal! Way to go, Dana.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete