Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My Yard

From Dana:

Cindy and Charlotte have planned their annual "help Dana in her yard/garden" trip for the days before Memorial Day. It's always a highlight of my summer. I'm so grateful for the help and for the company. 

I took some pictures today to send to them to show what's growing now and what I might need, if they have it. I LOVE sharing garden plants. It seems so resourceful. It usually benefits the receiver and the giver. 

Here is my biggest problem area this year, outside my back door. General recently started digging here, for some unknown reason and it doesn't get watered well by the sprinkler system. I was thinking I might ask for some hardy sedum, or what do you think?


There are a few plants trying to survive. 

This area in the back could also use some TLC and plants to fill in. Again, it doesn't get watered well either. Maybe Cole and I will have to add that to our morning routine. Notice the snow on the mountain I got from Norma years ago. It's flourishing, just like she said. 


This spot gets lots of water and sun and is a little overpopulated. We have to be careful not to block the sprinkler. May have to do some transplanting. 


The front is doing well. I transplanted the big bush-like plant in the corner a few weeks ago and it's hanging in there, if I can remember to water it. May add some annuals for color until some other things bloom. 



The side yard is where we have focused our energy the past few years. We have planted a lot of sedum because it gets nearly no water, unless I do it, and it is super hot over there. I love sedum!!



Can't wait for them to come!

1 comment:

  1. I say plant cactus where General lays...that would be mean, plus I don't know anything about plants. I am just the digger and Cole watcher. Charlotte is getting already planning the plants. If anyone has plants to give Dana, give us a call.

    ReplyDelete